SB/BB Chevy heater core and box swap question????

Hi, I am going to put in a BB 454 in my 67rs camaro which has the heater core and heater box for a small block. I plan on ordering the BB core and box and was wondering if I was going to be left with two holes on the firewall where the small block heater core pipes were? I know the BB flips the core 180 degree and placed the pipes out thru the box. I dont want to be left with 2 holes in the firewall and Classic industries couldnt tell me if the BB heater box would cover them or not. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Can the SM setup still be used if the pipes are tweaked out of the way? I know the motor mounts have to be changed.

Thanks Gary

Reply to
TraxUnderground

Hi Gary The box does not cover the holes there is a rubber seal that is placed behind the firewall.

Reply to
Bruce Korsvoll

Hi Bruce, Thanks for the info. I just found that out by calling around after I posted the question. I figured if Classic Industries didnt know then it was Google to the rescue. I appreciate your help.

Thanks Gary

Reply to
TraxUnderground