Heater box blend door foam replacement?

Did the horrific job of replacing my heater core on my 95 GTI VR6 and I think my brain is now totally fried. Successfully removed the heater core box and core and now waiting for replacement core so far took about 5 hours. The major hangup was drilling out the two shear bolts attached to the crossbeam which I had to take out since I didn't discharge the A/C and didn't think I'd have enough room. Well everything is out and my problem is that my blend door going from the AC box to the heater core box is totally shot. The form has totally disintegrated on the door and it won't give a good seal. The other one is marginal but should still seal. My question is what material can be used to put on the door to give a good seal, tried the dealer and there is no simple replacement except to replace the entire heater box which is a little pricey at 100. Have some thin neoprene but I think it will melt. Don't want to do this again as it was a major PITA to remove everything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
Stephen Timinski