What is The timing for a 1987 Z28 305

Im tuning up my camaro for the first time and i dont know what the correct timing is for this car If anyone knows please respond quickly

Reply to
ibfromoakcali

I *know* you don't have a truck, but I'll tell you what a 1987 Chevy truck is supposed to be set at. I don't know if the engine is different or the same, I'm the type of person to think if its a 305, its a 305. I'm also the type of person to #$^% stuff up also =]

1987 8Cyl 305 Spark plugs - .045, Timing - Automatic or manual tranny, 4 degrees

Hope it helps

Reply to
gsams

The initial timing for a 5.0 L is 6º BTDC, 1987 vintage.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to