'00 S-10 Transmission?

Hey guys,

Was riding on the expressway today, doing about 70 when the speedometer dropped 10MPH but I never moved my foot. This was going up a light incline.. a bridge actually. At the top of the bridge it gives a little kick a light grinding can be heard. The engine sounds like it's over-reving, it doesn't have a tach. so I can't really see. I pulled into a rest area and looked under, as I saw some light smoke from the under the tailgate. Underneath was pretty wet, looked like as if a seal or sometihn on the transmission broke. I check the level and it was about a pint down, so I bought some fluid and put a little in. I figured if it were leaking, i could maybe get it home by refilling. As im accelerating, "Service Engine Soon" comes on. It now bucks when shifting from 1st to 2nd, and seems to shift ok into 3rd.

Any suggestions? Is the transmission shot? It's got about 72,000 on it.

thanks!

Reply to
Reese