Poor Idle with AC On

2000 Tahoe, 5.3 Liter Vortec, 65,000 miles

With AC off, it idles well at 500 rpms in gear.

If I turn on the AC, at times the RPMs will drop to 250rpms, studder, then rev back to 500rpms. It will do this continuously at a light every 45-60 seconds approx.

Any ideas on what would cause this? I did not notice any vacuum lines disconnected and tried to hunt for any weird noises with a hose and could not find any.

Reply to
Brian Lewis

idle air speed controller is not up to par

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Thanks for the reply. When you see idle air speed controller would you be referring to the 'Fuel/Air - Idle Air Control Valve' AC Delco 17113598 or are you talking about something different? If you are familiar with this engine at all, where might I locate this device?

Reply to
Brian