03' silverado tranny

The first two shifts, from a stand still or already moving, seem to go in rather rough, lift a firm , quick, jolt. I ve taken it to the dealer twice, once they overhauled it, then the second time the reset the module, yet the problem is still present. So what may be the problem? (doc, this is for u)

Reply to
jmex

I am the last person on this ng you want to ask about automatic transmissions! Quite ignorant on the subject actually..............

TransSurgeon rebuilds em' for a living and is our resident expert. By answering the below questions you will help HIM to figure it out, he he he........................

  1. Model of truck (1500, 1500HD, 2500, etc.)
  2. Mileage
  3. Fluid and filter ever changed?
  4. Has the truck done this since new?
  5. Firm shifting more pronounced when the truck is cold, warm, hot?
  6. Any noise associated with the shifts (bangs, clunks, etc.)
  7. What exactly did they "overhaul" the first time?

If it's a 1500 with the 4L60e transmission, it normally shifts quite firmly from 1-2 and 2-3 when cold, and softens up as the transmission warms up.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

well there you have it

an 'overhaul' consists of 'replace glazed bands' (never mind that theres only ONE band in a 4L60E)

bet they re-used the VB with the worn TCC regulator valve bore..........................

Reply to
TranSurgeon
1.2003 1500 silverado 2.30k
  1. yes at 15k
  2. no a little after I purchased it
  3. It does not matter, does it whenever
  4. Not that Ive heard of
  5. glazed bands, replaced
Reply to
jmex

Time to have the PCM scanned for good ol' P1870 eh?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

If u dont mind me asking tanssurgeon, what the VB and TCC? Thanks for the replies btw

Reply to
jmex

VB is valve body. TCC is torque converter clutch.

Kyle

Reply to
KB

My trans has done that since the rebuild 20K ago. I read about that code here on the NG. I don't have any codes but it really slams the 1-2. I did replace the TPS and that seemed to help somewhat.

Reply to
Mr. Smith

The 1-2 is pretty nasty on my wife's truck as well (98' Sonoma SLS w/4.3 and

4L60e). More pronounced when cold, softer as it warms up. I kinda like it!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"