1500 Silverado tire pressure for compressor in the back.

Recently I blew out my driver-side rear tire. The tread completely came off, kinda like you'd see on the side of the road from a diesel. The first thing I thought was I hadn't checked my tire pressure since I got the compressor put in the back of my truck.

I've read that the regular tire pressure for my truck should be 35 psi. I checked all of the tires afterward and 2 were 30 psi and 1 was 35. I'm guessing from that, that the psi of the one blown out should've been around the same. Why would it have blown out?

Anyway, I'm now regularly checking my pressure but am also wondering what would be a good amount to have in there? My compressor weighs from

350 to 400 lbs. My Silverado is an '05 short bed. The average temp around here is 70-80 degrees F.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
cacawate

I don't know how many miles you have/had on your truck, but I would guess that you ran over something nasty and that caused the tread separation. Either that or the tire was no good straight from the factory.

A good rule of thumb with a half-t> Recently I blew out my driver-side rear tire. The tread completely came

Reply to
DirtyDave931

The Air Pressure in your tires being a couple pounds more or less what it needs to be is NOT going to cause a Tire to Peel apart like that. I see cars driving around with way low or way over filled tires and had no problems other then rides Hard, or Wearing bad. You either Hit something, and the tire Failed that way, and/or it was Defective. Made Incorrectly, which would be my guess. A 400 Pound load in the back isn't very much. Outside temp is pretty normal.

I would bring the tire to your Dealer and have them Look at it. Maybe it will be Covered under the Warranty. It's pretty strange for a 1 year maybe

2 year max old tire to come apart like that.

Reply to
JBDragon