1967 Chevy truck question

I know I asked earlier about a 65 Chevy truck, but I decided to purchase a

67 Chevy 1/2 ton.

It has a 250 in it, 3 on the tree, and pretty straight body for what I'm paying for it. Actually, for what these trucks seem to go for, 500 bucks for a running truck is great. (They're slightly overpriced here).

So, what should my mileage be? The guy thinks, and I think, 15 is about right. I know there is obviously different details that can affect the potential mileage, but a ball park figure is good enough.

thanks again. Now I'm gonna have to be a semi regular (so someday I'll actually sound like I know what I'm talking about) in the ng.

Reply to
Dan
. 1967 Chevy truck question Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Mon, Sep 15, 2003, 10:51pm (CDT-2) From: Pet_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dan) I know I asked earlier about a 65 Chevy truck, but I decided to purchase a 67 Chevy 1/2 ton. It has a 250 in it, 3 on the tree, and pretty straight body for what I'm paying for it. Actually, for what these trucks seem to go for, 500 bucks for a running truck is great. (They're slightly overpriced here).

So, what should my mileage be?

The guy thinks, and I think, 15 is about right. I know there is obviously different details that can affect the potential mileage, but a ball park figure is good enough. thanks again. Now I'm gonna have to be a semi regular (so someday I'll actually sound like I know what I'm talking about) in the ng.

Reply to
Scrib Abel

Scrib Abel scribbled:

I'd be happy with 16.

thanks.

Reply to
Dan

Ok, I just bought the truck. However, the guy who owned it before me, adjusted the choke a bit, so now it dies when it runs, if you can get it running.

Does that sound like a viable reason for it dying?

Reply to
Dan

I'm in the process of cleaning up my truck, and all the sudden these bee's start shooting out of the tail lights, and tailgate.

Is this a common problem? I can't seem to find their nest but they keep coming out bee after bee after bee..

Reply to
Dan

A new undocumented factory anti-theft option!

Reply to
Ed Light

Ed Light scribbled:

my grandfather (who had a 72 Suburban) had little stickers that said "ATTENTION THEIF: Everything in this car is etched with a number so don't bother stealing it" or something along those lines. I want to make a copy of it, and have it say "Attention theif: This car has a bee hive in the tail gate, and I've trained them to attack!"

Reply to
Dan