1987 s10 seat belts

Have a 1987 S10 ; the seat belt on the passenger side will not extend - it comes out a few feet and "sticks", making it useless but for dwarfs and my cat. I see it retracts into a plastic case - but the case seems to lack screws or any other method I can see to open and work on it. Girl friend is anxious enough about my driving and demands a working seat belt. Help !

Reply to
barret bonden

I had one of these trucks way back in the day. The plastic case should open up(little plastic tabs that will most likely bust when you pry them open), you may have to unbolt it from the truck. And if your going to do that, it's just as easy to go to the local auto salvage yard and fing a working one for cheap.

Or if cost isn't a big deal you can always try a dealership for an OE replacement.

To get the belt off your going to need a large Torx bit. Not sure on the size though.

barret b> Have a 1987 S10 ; the seat belt on the passenger

side will not extend -

Reply to
Edmonton ChevGuy