ABS Brake Light On

When I started my 94 S-10 4WD this morning the Anti-Lock Brake Light stayed on. It was not on when I parked the vehicle last night. Brakes are working perfectly. No problems in the past 150K miles.

A quick check under the hood found the brake fluid level is OK and the connectors on top of the ABS unit appear OK. I have a meeting tonight so I will not have a chance to crawl underneath to check the wheel sensor wiring. Probably do that this weekend.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Ron

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

========= =========

My idea would be to retrieve ANY codes stored in the module, which is what causes the light to come on.

or.....

guess.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Grab a paper clip and pull the codes for the ABS unit. To pull the codes you need to short terminal A (Top row far right) to terminal H (bottom row second in from left)

for a picture of the ALDL terminalsNow turn on the key and count the flashes of the ABS light. Post the code here OR look at
want the second chart for the fault codes for your system. (To clear the codes turn the switch ON then use the jumper across the same connections for 2 seconds, then remove it for 1 second and put it back for 2 more seconds. You should see the ABS and Brake lights both come on and go off)

Reply to
Steve W.