Defender seat belts

Having shelled out a small amount of cash on ebay for a centre front seat for my '92 Defender, I'm now at the 'offering up' stage, and am totally confused by the seat belt situation.

I seem to have the following in the vehicle now ....

Driver's side of the centre seat one long stalk buckle plus one short stalk buckle with its mounting tag facing forwards. Passenger side of centre seat one long stalk plus one short stalk buckle with its mounting tag facing backwards (making its effective length very short).

None of the paperwork I have shows how the belt should be fitted, and the owners manual shows a lap belt apparently mounted on webbing. I've studied all the small pics in the vehicles for sale on ebay and can't see anything that helps. Looked on various dealer's sites. Richard's seems to have a piece of bonnet prop among the seatbelts.

Should I really have 4 buckles here? It seems awfully tight getting the stalks past the seat.

Reply to
Bill

To put a new belt in you'd need BTR4348. This has the belt ends attached to some "arm" brackets that reach forward between the seats and are bolted to the floor. The book says it comes complete with fixings.

The prop bits will be moved on the next update - thanks for the tip.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Bill where are you? When I removed my centre seat (to fit a cubby box) The seat belt was a webbing affair with buckle one side and belt (with adjuster) the other.

Paul

Reply to
paul Hill

In message , paul Hill writes

I'm in Wirral. ie Liverpool/Birkenhead/Chester.

My previous 110 had a home-made cubby box, this one has a space where the seat should be, so I'm thinking I can put in the seat for occasional short trips, and perhaps make a removable small cubby box that's interchangeable with the squab. SWMBO didn't seem to like my remark that with this seat I'll be looking out for size zero young ladies.

Reply to
Bill