1989 2500 Brakes ?

Hey hope one of you guys will know this ...

I have a 1989 Chevy 2500. Left side brake was hanging up.. Locked up the tire yesterday. I Got it home took off the tire Looked like it needed a Callaber (I know thats not spelt right)

Took off the old one went to pep boys Only place open and close on a sunday.

New pads $45.00 New Callaber $15.00 ( After core ) 12 oz of callaber grease ..$14.99 ?

Freaking banging head cause wheel won't turn Priceless .

Took it all apart again looked at the bearings..Needed to be repacked Walmart Now only place left open on a sunday . Wheel bearing grease red $2.99 for a big jar of it .

Put it all back together Again .Freaking wheel wont turn drink a beer .Then it hit me cause when i took it apart Again i found metal shavings. after i tighting the bolts they were hitting the rotor stopping the tire and making a Big cut in the rotor.when i backed it up to see if it would break free..

Backed off the bolts and ran it round the block it was fine ..I know this is long and this is my ?

Was there a spacer ..when i took off the old one i did not see any .. I Looked at the new one next to the old one at the counter .( This pepboys is real bad ) And they looked like a match to me. I pretty sure the bolts did not grow while i was gone.

Can i run this with them backed off cause they are noway tight. there is only a few theards out the otherside . It's to dark to take off the other side and see what they look like .And i have work in the morning at 4 am.

So go to work it's fine or take the day off and take it apart again ?

Help

Reply to
Jersey Fresh

Do not run it with the bolts loose. You better wait and check the other side out to see what is different/wrong.

Reply to
Scott M