1989 chevrolet k1500 emergency brake problem

Hi Everyone

I put my e-brake on recently and it snapped. Upon further investigation, i noticed that the spring onthe front cable had broken. I bought a new cable and installed it. The problem I'm having is adjusting the damn thing. I seem to have a lot of extra slack and can't get the thing to tighten up with the adjustor nut. I removed the rear wheels and drums to check and see if the cables were out of place or if a spring was broken but everything checked out to me. By the way, both rear cables are new (they were replaced in July). Any ideas as to what my problem could be?? I really appreciate the advice.

thanks!

-Matt

Reply to
thirdeye

Sounds to me like the parts place gave you the wrong cable. I've never heard of a cut to fit kit for these Trucks but I know there are a few different options for that front cable. Make sure you have your year, cab size, and box length correct and they should be able to get you the right one. And I think that the

88-89 are spacific to those years and then they changed again in the 90's someplace.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Edmonton ChevGuy