1989 Chevy Silverado Brake Lights

Both of my brake lights went out at the same time. I've put in new bulbs but it still does not work. Anyone familiar with this problem and how to fix it?

Reply to
Steve Hagarty

did you check the fuse ? if fuse is good use test light and check for power at brake light switch at brake peddle...if this is the style that uses a circuit board at the tail lights they are prone to go bad ...corrosion ... use test light and check wires just before tail light assembles, if you have power there its more than likely the assembles , if not work your way back under truck and look for a broken wire , remember that the brake lights DO go through your signal light switch ...that can go to ...hope this helps some

Reply to
Chevy

Check the $3 Brake light switch located on the steering column

(inside cab) next to top of brake pedal.....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer