1991 s-10 blazer Steering wheel loose??

Hey all I have a goofy problem here. My 91 Blazers Steering wheel is loose at the tilt wheel coupling. Any ideas as to how hard this is to replace= easy, medium, hard, mpita. Also where would I get the peplacement joint? Thanks Steve

Reply to
seeray

extraordinarily

Reply to
seeray

Very common problem. The bolts are loose. Not easy for a first timer. You have to remove everything down the the joint to get them all tight.

Reply to
Scott M

As Scott said, this is a common problem, and is NOT a job for the unskilled. The likelihood you need to replace anything in the joint is extraordinarily low. Unless you are a competent shade tree mechanic, I would suggest someone else doing this for you. A skilled professional who has done these a number of times can do them pretty quick.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Reply to
seeray

Reply to
seeray

there are 4 bolts in there. You have to dig deeper sorry :) to get to them all you have to have it torn down to the ball joint on the shaft

Reply to
Scott M

and ya might wanna take em out and put some locktite on em.

Reply to
StyxNStones®

=========== Dont worry, they get easy after you do it a few times ;)

Reply to
Scott M

You'll need a "Tourques" (however you spell it) socket, lots of patience and lots of time. Take care not to drop any bolts down the column. The best thing to do is retieve them one at a time and coat em with Loctite (blue is good) and then you will never have to dig in to do this job again. The first time I did this job I just replaced the entire column with one from the Boneyard. It was marginally easier but more expensive and the bolts came loose in the new column within the year anyway.

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl