85 Silverado Idle problem: Part Deux

Ok I made the mistake of adjusting my curb idle too much and then back it out too much so where I am at now is as follows:

  1. On cold start it idles VERY rough (nearly cutting off several time)
  2. Once it warms up it actually idles a bit high
  3. But the truck drives fine once warmed up

I get the feeling that the mixture is a little rich doesn't a significant amount of carbon expelling from the tail pipe indicate this? What indicates a lean mixture?

Reply to
Bill Blevins

Ifyour running too lean it will overheat

Reply to
seeray