1997 K1500

I have a squeal coming from the rear end on acceleration. It's noticeable from start until about 30 mph. A friend mentioned it sounded like it was coming from the left rear so I checked and noticed some oil around both hubs. So I changed the rear axel seals. The problem is still there. Any idea's?

Reply to
Christie Goodenough

Did you degrease the shoes and drum after repairing the seals?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Christie Goodenough

Is it a constant squeal or a pulsing squeal? If it's a pulsing squeal, does it speed up and slow down with road speed?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Christie Goodenough

Sounds like it might be your u-joints. Hop under the truck and grab the driveshaft as close to the u-joint as possible and start jerking it around every which way and see if you can duplicate the squeak.

Another thing to try would be to secure the truck's rearend on jackstands, fire her up, put it in D and follow the noise.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"