1998 s10 Air Bag activation

Picked up a 1998 s10 (the '87 rusted away) ; how to turn on the passanger air bag? I see the switch; looks like it takes a small key of some kind; ( in the center of the dash board, triangular white marker around the key hole; its now pointed up to "OFF") I assume I can just take a screw driver or a coin and turn it to "On" I dont have the key, and just want to know I'm not going to screw things up by playing around; never had an air bag.

Reply to
barret bonden

Usually, you just use the ignition key.

Reply to
Miller

Same key that starts the engine activates the air bag switch.

Reply to
Steve W.