2002 Silverado stop lite switch

OK, I think I've found this gawd awful thin hanging off the side of the brake pedal arm with a bunch of wires coming off it. Who would have thought that GM would ever put the switch on a moving part, flexing wires that way.

The truck has 30K miles and the stop lights sometimes work and sometimes don't. Old fashioned (that's me) logic says it should be the switch when all the fuses are good.

Any other ideas? And who the heck do you unmount the switch to replace it or have it in your hand to test it? I'm an older guy and don't bend so good any more.

I sure hope that's a plug in connector on the bottom of the switch and that I don't have to chase wires back to gawd knows where.

Any ideas and information much appreciated before I climb under that dashboard again.

Reply to
Bill