1999 Silverado Brake Squeal

After having several shops look at the front brakes on my 1999 Silverado, I still have brake squeal.

Tired of trying to avoid the squeal, especially when approaching security gate at my job. Poor gurads need ear protection because of the squeal.

Was told by the shops that there was nothing I could do about the squeal, even the blue stuff has not helped. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ed Stammer ( snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net or snipped-for-privacy@charter.net)

Reply to
estammer

The brake pads have to be replaced, and the rotors machined or replaced.

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
George

Use GM factory pads and mounting hardware. Be sure the caliper slides are clean and lubed. Make sure the disk surface finish is correct. That will do it.

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian