2.8 head replacement.

I have a 88 s10 with the 2.8l engine. I need to replace the head but most

2.8L engines I find are in cars and not trucks. My question is will any chev 2.8l heads work regardless of what they come out of?
Reply to
<renorick

Yep, same heads. The blocks are different though. I just tossed two good heads off a 87 in the junk pile.

Reply to
Steve W.

What is different about them?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning
2.8 used in transverse mount do not have the correct mounts for longitudinal mounting. Plus the starter is different. You also have to watch what years you get. The early blocks have provisions for a fuel pump while the later FI blocks do not. Basically the 2.8/3.4 used in the S series and the Camaro/Firebirds will interchange (just need to watch out for the fuel pump issue). However the ones from the FWD autos will not since there is no way to bolt the mounts on.
Reply to
Steve W.

RENORICK seems to have found heads for his truck and needs help with a tensioner problem. FYI

Reply to
BadBow99S10