2000 chevy blazer question

Been noticing since the weather warmed up and I can drive the speed limits on the highway, that once I get up to 65mph there is a vibration/shake. Could it be wheel balance? front end alignment? or what else could it be?

Reply to
Tara Legale

I drive on dirt roads a bit and noticed my 2000 blazer rims like to hold dried mud inside. I took my wheels off and cleaned the crud off with a wire brush and the vibration went away.

Tinker

Reply to
Zopilote

I only drive on the highway and paved roads.

Reply to
Tara Legale

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Apr 23, 7:38=EF=BF=BDpm, "Tara Legale" wro= te:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Carry it to a "good" tire/frontend shop..... they'll tell you exactly what it is for free...no charge.

Me....i'm gonna guess...and so is EVERYONE else here.

Lucky for you ...i like guess'n.

so here goes.......

tell you what....describe vibration/shake in full detail.... then i'll guess.

till then.....i'll jest gather that it's the tires.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal....and wonders if yer ass is shaken... or your yer arms~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Could be a lot of things. Tires out of balance, worn steering components, out of alignment. Could be simple and cheap to fix or cost a ton of money. The good news? Take it to a reputable tire / alignment shop. They will take a look at it for free and tell you what you need. I would avoid the national chains if possible. They make their money on repairs and not helping the customer (for the most part).

AAMCO used to say that 1/2 of all cars they looked at didn't need a new transmission. I wonder what the other half needed????

Reply to
Mark Schooley