2000 Sierra - heater sometimes sticks on

What part should I check for this? Sometimes if the heater has been on, if I turn the temp control back down to cold, the heater likes to sometimes just stay on 'hot'. Sometimes parking for a while and restarting, it might then reset back to cold. Truck has a/c. thanks

Reply to
frenchy

I had the same problem with my 2000 Silverado. There is a small motor under the dash that controls the damper for the heat. It would stop working once in a while and eventually it quit. I got tired of driving with the heat on and replaced it. Easy to change but I think it cost about 70 or 80 dollars at the dealer.

Reply to
Daryl