2005 silverado rattle

Well, the steering shaft lub fixed neighbors pickup.

Mine now has a rattle that seems to come from underneath the hood and the sound varies where it sounds like it's comming from. Mostly hear it when going over a series of close together bumps, then it sounds like it's stereo from front.

Sounds like a plastic box rattling, maybe slightly metalic.

Could it be the front air spoiler, it seems very flexible.

No irregular tire wear and it drives well, no free play in steering.

Thanks for any ideas.

James

Reply to
jclotto7

After putting pickup on a lift, I've concluded there is nothing loose. Must be some of the plastic, like the fender wells rattling. There sure is a lot of plastic and push in retainers on my truck. Think I'll lube the steering shaft, though I'm sure it ain't it.

One thing that I did see, bolt together front frame, with support struts. Are the new ones that way too ?

Anybody have one of the new style chevy pickup or have ya'll looked and drove them ? What ya think ?

James

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
jclotto7

Just a thought...have you put a bug shield on the front of it? If you did, you might want to check your windshield seals. Use clear silicon to seal it to the windshield better. That will probably take care of it.

John

Reply to
John