2005 Trailblazer

My 'blazer has a problem with the brakes. I can push the brake pedal all the way to the floor during a braking application. The dealer first said there was no problem, then admitted they were "mushy". They checked mine against an '05 on the lot. My pedal went down further, and both made a whooshing sound as the vacuum was pushed out. A new '06 had a hard pedal with no whoosh sound. They did an automated bleed of the system and a small improvement was made but the pedal will still go all the way to the floor.

Any ideas or suggestions on where to go next???

Thanks,

Lou

Reply to
Lou Venema

whooshing

Master cylinder bypassing, needs replacement would be my guess.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Thanks, that's what I've been thinking but the dealer doesn't think so. He says no problem found.

Reply to
Lou Venema