Noisy '06 Xterra Clutch Switch

I recently purchased an '06 Xterra with a manual transmission and have noticed that, when the clutch is pushed all the way to the floor, that there's a distinct clicking sound. The service dept at the local Nissan dealer explained that it's the actuator for the ignition (since the vehicle requires the clutch be pressed in order to start the engine). All that makes sense except that it seems to me that this switch is unusually noisy. All other vehicles I've owned have made no noise whatsoever when the clutch pedal is pressed to the floor.

So, the dealer is saying that this noise is perfectly normal for this vehicle and that, if I don't push the clutch all the way to the floor when changing gears (the clutch disengages well before the pedal hits the floor), then I shouldn't have to listen to the clicking very often. Primary just when the truck is started.

Any thoughts on this?

Reply to
Mark

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:33:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@My.House (Mark) graced this newsgroup with:

I think you need to take it to a different technician.

Reply to
kegler

Even if they consider it to be normal, you are the one using the vehicle and they did not give you the car for free.

Look for another dealer Try another car in their lot Write to Nissan

As > I recently purchased an '06 Xterra with a manual transmission and have noticed

Reply to
AS

Go to another Nissan dealer, and check out the same model vehicle in their show room. If you don't hear the same clicking noise, ask their service department about it. Once you get them on to it, and they see that there is a difference, then you should be able to get them to fix this for you.

You don't have to go to the dealer where you bought the vehicle to have it serviced. Your warranty is from the manufacture. The dealer gets paid by the manufacture when they do the work.

Reply to
JANA