2007 Tahoe Death Trap ?

Take a look at this site !

QE in NJ

Reply to
quienes

Previous Tahoe models (03+) do the same thing. I'm not sure if the

99-02 models do it. It even does it on my 2003 GMC Sierra. When you put the truck in drive, the doors lock (or go over 3 MPH or whatever it is). The only way to open the door after the truck is in drive is to hit the electronic unlock bottom or unlock the manual toggle switch. You cannot pull the door lever to open the door. When you put the truck back in park, the doors will then unlock automatically. Also, some older model GM trucks/SUVs (03-06 for sure that I know of) have the option to turn off the automatic locking doors. Something else I want to add is that on my truck, when you lock the truck with the wireless remote the electronic switches on the inside become disabled, so if someone was still inside the only way for them to get out is to use the manual toggle switch. This feature is kind of annoying IMO. But ya, I do see where someone could panic if there was a fire and you lost power. But there is always the manual toggle switch to unlock the door.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
azboomer

I don't have the auto lock feature on my 91 nor my 87, but they both have electric door locks, and nether one of them will "unlock" the doors by using the inside door handle, you ether hit the electric switch, or the toggle. I got a 75 Vega GT Wagon (283cid, 4 speed, posi) it doesn't have electric locks and guess what, if you don't pull up on the lock button the doors don't open when you pull on the door handles.. They wouldn't unlock pulling on the door handles on my 71 Imapla convertable, the 70 chevy C-10, my 67 Pontiac Bonneville had electrics, and you had to unlock the doors before the handles worked. I always liked that feature, didnt have to worry about a kid pulling a door handle and the door opening. My 2003 Chevy has manual locks, and gee whiz they wont open with out unlocking the doors ether. Fords on the other hand where just the opposite, if you pulled the door handle on the front doors, they would unlock and open. Bad design in my opinion.

On the interior electric door lock switches not working when fob is used to lock them, its part of the alarm system, it kills the power to the switchs

This whole thing is just an idiot trying to start a scare. If you cant figure out how to unlock the door with the power out, you shouldnt be driving. Wanna bet he doesnt do seat belts ether, might get trapped in the car, much better to go through the windshield.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Hi!

I mostly agree with what you're saying, and have to say I too prefer the GM door lock design. (As you mentioned, Ford makes at least their front door locks open when the handle is pulled. Chrysler does this as well, at least on the front doors of their minivans.)

What has to be confirmed is whether or not the Tahoe in question has a manual lock plunger along with the electrical locks. I can't imagine that it wouldn't have both, because electric locks *do* break. If it doesn't have a manual lock plunger--then I see a point. If it does--then, yeah, it's someone being very silly.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh