366 Big Block internally balanced?

Do any of you know if a 366 cubic inch big block is internally balanced? I would like to remove the manual trans and replace with an automatic. I don't know if removing the flywheel will destroy the balance of the engine.

Thanks for answering.

Reply to
Evereddy

there is no 366, the 396 is internally balanced, however, I believe only the

454 is externally balanced.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

The 366 does exist and was used in buses, and the like. The 366 is internally balanced.

Reply to
Tim Long