4.10 gears

Hi! I have a 6.2 Diesel Silverado that, according to a website I found, has rear axle ratio of 4.10, which I had assumed all along. It has a

700R4, and seems to 100rpm/3mph-- IOW, 1500= 45mph, 2000=60. I was wanting to change the rear end to somewhere in the 3.50 range, but then saw a website on transmissions that gave the OD ratio of a 700 as about
  1. I am afraid that 3.50 +/- would be lugging the engine in OD. FWIW, truck is a 3/4 ton extended cab and has a liftgate on it.I do not plan to tow anything heavy-- maybe a car on the tow dolly, or a trailer with about 1000 lb on it. I can't see going to the expense of changing the rear end to just the next higher ratio from 4.10. Any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Larry
Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

It is very hard to second guess the huge team of engineers who designed this fine truck. I sure would not mess with something that works well.

Having owned and tinkered with tricking out over 100 cars and trucks, built since 1947, my experience and common sense now prevails, and, I prefer to "run what it brung"!

If it ain't broke, I don't go and "Fix" it!

Reply to
Big Red Truck

Diesel.

Reply to