'79 Chevy Clutch linkage...

So I have a '79 Chevy/GMC 3/4 ton truck and it's at that point in its life that wierd stuff is starting to wear out and need replacement. For instance the clutch linkage. It has a lot of slap due to worn joints and shafts and whatnot. So basically my question is, what is a good source for information on what parts my truck has in its clutch linkage, what they are, their correct layout and adjustments to make, etc. etc. etc.

The truck is a bit of a Frankenstien....Built up from two trucks sometime in its past....Titled as a GMC, Got a Chevy front clip....etc..

Thanks in Advance...

John

Reply to
John Wilentz

. . TOP POST

try this for basic pricing and schematics....

Clutch Linkage Address:

and when you get serious about doing the work.... give yer local Chevy Dealer a visit and talk to the Parts Dude. He'll be able to give you some OEM prices that may be inline with anything yer gonna find aftermarket on that truck.

MarshMonster ~:~

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (John=A0Wilentz)

So I have a '79 Chevy/GMC 3/4 ton truck

what is a good source for information on what parts my truck has in its clutch linkage, what they are, their correct layout and adjustments to make, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks in Advance... John =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Marsh Monster, you rock. That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.....

John

============ ============ snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (John Wilentz)

So I have a '79 Chevy/GMC 3/4 ton truck

what is a good source for information on what parts my truck has in its clutch linkage, what they are, their correct layout and adjustments to make, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks in Advance... John ============ ============

Reply to
John Wilentz

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =A0= snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (John Wilentz) started the thread with:

So I have a '79 Chevy/GMC 3/4 ton truck

what is a good source for information on what parts my truck has in its clutch linkage, what they are, their correct layout and adjustments to make, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks in Advance...

Clutch Linkage Address:

MarshMonster ~:~

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (John=A0Wilentz)

Marsh Monster, you rock. That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.....

John

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

ssshhhhhhhhh............ (i got a rep to protect)

actually you deserve the credit for wording the request appropriately, for the info you wanted.

you COULD have asked....

"does anyone know a good site?"

i do.

  • 0 L O

~:~ Marsh ~sips his coffee....mmm.... a leeetle more JD, i think~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster