79 GMC Jimmy - Rear power window - how to raise window up?

I have a 1979 GMC Jimmy and i picked up an unknown year chevy tailgate with power window the window is down, and i dont have the keys to the back lock, how would I get the window down to remove the mounting hinges?

and does any one know the color coding on the electric motor? I see white/blue from the motor and another orange with black stripe, all three come out together The motor turns when i add 12 volt battery power, but it will not move the window

I know I can rig up a switch for the window since my year Jimmy does not have it, is there any thing i should be carefule with, like over raising or over lowering the window once i get it to work?

Reply to
Ken Hansen