2000 Bonneville Power Window Motor Removal

I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville.

Recently the driver's side window will no longer roll up or down.

The driver's side rear power window motor was replaced about one year ago and the dealership charged $450! Anyway I want to replace it myself since I am no longer under warranty.

Does anyone know an online website that has detailed steps on how to replace the power window motor?

Also while looking on line I noticed the price for replacement motors are approximately $75-$100. Better then paying $450.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Scott

Two often overlooked resources are the local library and community college. If the local library doesn't have a service manual on-hand they can usually get one through inter-library loan. If your community college has an auto-tech course, chances are thier library will be well stocked with service manuals. As I recall on that year the seat belt retractor is in the door and is a bit of a pain in the ass. Good luck!

Reply to
FBR

Scott, try this web site, there's alot of tech help there.

markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb