Power window

I have a 95 SL1 in which I have just replaced the motor to my power windows. It went out 3-4 years ago but I have always had other priorities to spend my money on.

Anyway now it is installed and I can finally go to a drive-thru with out having to get out of my car. I do have one question for this group though and wonder if anyone can help me.

The window I fixed was on the divers door. The way it is supposed to work is, if I know that I want the window all the way down I should be able to give the power switch a good push and let it take over from there and if I only want it partially down then use a lighter touch and stop it where I want. Well I can roll the window fully up and down, but the automatic feature where I give the power switch a good push and let it take over from there is not working.

This isn't a big deal, in fact a big improvement after not having a working window for the past 3-4 years, still I would like it to work 100% not 99%. I was wondering if this might be because the new motor does not support such a feature, or would it actually be a problem with the power switch itself?

Thanks,

Mark.

Reply to
Zaphod

The "express-down" feature is activated by some circuitry that is likely part of the switch, this may not be functioning anymore..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Thanks, I also think that it is the switch. Today I noticed that the feel of the switch is a little different than it used to be. When I push it now I no longer feel that little extra resistance that I used to feel to activate the express-down feature.

Mark.

Reply to
Zaphod