87 S10 Blazer with Code 32 (EGR?)

Hi all,

Found the problem with the O2 sensor that I'd been having and after fixing that, I now get a code 32 showing up. Aparently this is a code for the EGR, but what causes that to appear? I tested the diaphram on the EGR valve and it opens and closes fine, so is it possible that the EGR valve is filled with carbon for over-compensating for the O2 sensor being non-functioning for so long? Here are the stats:

1987 Chevy S10 Blazer 2.8L V6 TBI 4X4 Kept giving me a Code 13 because the O2 sensor ground wire was broken, now wire is grounded and O2 code is gone. Gives the Code 32 after warming up.

As always, any help is GREATLY appreciated. I'm just looking to find out if there are any simple troubleshooting steps I can do before purchasing a new EGR valve.

Thanks, Archie

Reply to
Archibald J. Cox

============================== First step- open the valve by pushing the diaphram up while it is idling, it should make the engine stumble quite a bit. If it doesnt, the ports are plugged. Also look real close at the vacuum hoses to the valve and solenoid.

Reply to
Scott M

Scott (and the whole group)

I tested the EGR while the engine was running and got no response. So I took it off and found out that the Yahoo that I bought it from sheared off the twidderdoodle sticking down and put a plate over the hole. So now I'm off to AutoZone to get a new one for $3799. I'll let you know if the problem stops!

Archie

non-functioning

Reply to
Archibald J. Cox

While you're there, you may want to get some thread phlegm to prevent further jabberwockying of the twidderdoodles. Also considering getting some fleezerglum to clean the shnozzles with too, as they tend to get clogged with fairydust.

CJ

Reply to
CJBrown

very fummy

Reply to
bmaty

Can you believe it? AutoZone doesn't carry fleezergum OR shnozzles! Thanks for the idea though. :-)

Archie

Reply to
Archibald J. Cox

Yeah, I usually have to go to Napa for that hard to find stuff.

CJ

Reply to
CJBrown