89 chev siverado ox sensor?

I just bought a 89 silverado 4x4,service soon light comes on at times.The truck runs decent,most of the time,-I plan on doing tune up-plugs,wires,cap etc.I never messed with the ox sensor on my other chevs,service light never came on on them.Gas milage is about 12,using for towing 4 wheeler and trailer deer hunting.My other chevs have gotten better mpg.Am in the right direction about the ox sensor?Thanks

Reply to
robertlieder

Why not check the code? It probably suggests O2 sensor. At that age it's worth just changing it because it is fairly cheap and may improve mileage a tiny bit or more.

Reply to
Al Bundy