Muffler/resonator question?

I own a 2000 Tundra 4x4 limited. I had a Flowmaster 40 series installed recently. GREAT sound outside, but the noise INside drives me crazy! The fellow at the muffler shop said he removed the resonator because there wasn't enough room for it. My question is....I have bought a new resonator. Where do you install it...before or after the muffler? Any particular distance from the muffler? Thanks in advance, Don L.

Reply to
DonL

Resonators install after the muffler and are often part of the fancy chrome tailpipes. I don't think it will affect inside noise much. How about foam under the floor carpet or Dynamat?

Reply to
Wolfgang

Try around 2 foot back from the tail pipe room allowing. Resonators are usually only about 1 1/2 inchs wider in diameter than the actual exhaust pipe anyway. Some do frig all and some do heaps.

Reply to
Scotty

Thank you Wolf....I decided to buy a series 50 Flowmaster to quiet things down. If its still not enough, I'll try your suggestion. Thanks

Reply to
DonL