93' Rebuilds on Auto Transmission

I have a 93 Astro that has a little over 120k on the odometer and the tranny has never had any hardware work on it, just fluid changes. Would it be most cost effective to get the transmission rebuilt while there are no problems? I am unsure of the condition and viability of the innards.

TM

Reply to
TM

I forgot to include that it is the overdrive tranny and it is attached to the 4.3L V6, but I am sure that is the main engine in that model.

TM

Reply to
TM

That puts a new meaning on preventative maintainance :-)

If it were me I would leave the trans be. Keep doing yer scheduled maintainance on it. Other than catastrophic failure this trans should last some time. I always ask owners of the older beasts if they have any teen drivers that will be driving the vehicle. If so then I tell them to tell the teen drivers to bring back the steering wheel. :-)

Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR

No, I don't have any teenagers, although my wife does drive on the the sidewalk at 90 mph from time to time. She LOVES curbs, have replaced 4 tires due to her obsession with curbs.