'96 K1500 350 revs to 2,500 RPM on startup...

The 350 in my Chevy truck started revving itself to 2500 RPM yesterday when I started it up. I thought it might have been a fluke, but it is still doing it today. Never done it before. Usually fires right off to 1000-1200 and settles down immediately to 700-800. I don't like it revving so high waiting for oil pressure to come up. Anybody dealt with this?

I had the battery disconnected right before this to clean off corrosion. Could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks, Craig

Reply to
Longhorn

Sometimes when the battery is disconnected the vehicle needs to go through a learning mode to idle correctly, shift correctly etc. But if you drove it at all today it should be OK by now. My 1994 Z34 takes about a twenty minute drive before everything settles back down to normal.

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam