97 Tahoe leaking anti-freeze

Hello, I am out here jerking around with this truck and cannot find where the ant-freeze is coming from? my closest guess is one of the 2 smaller hoses coming from the driver side of the radiator. but I am not finding a crack or nothing but I can feel and see about where is starts getting wet on that hose? but I don't see any above where that is and there is some below. I have looked below that hose to see if anything sprayed up and no luck. it's hasn't lost to much. but i am losinit somewhere anyone had this situation with a 97 350? maybe some troubleshooting ideas? I'm going back out to see if my luck changes. Thanks & Have a Great One !

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Hello again, It's the water pump....... Have a Great One ! It's nice to know this group is around! I might run into something i can't figure out!

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Considering I have never changed one. I have a question you all will probably laugh at but that's ok with me. lol How do I get the fan off? there is the shaft going to the fan and there is a coil thing on the front and some bolts on the back? I just don't want to get myself in trouble here taking the wrong stuff apart..I'm sure you know what I mean... Thanks again.

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Reply to
Bobo

I made my own tool as my wife's clutch was REALLY on there. Took an 18" piece of 1"x1/8" flat iron, lopped 1" off the top, welded it at a 90* angle about 2.5" from the bottom, drilled two holes, ran the bolts thru the "tool" into the fan pulley and viola, worked like a charm............

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Doc,

I don't know why I never made my spanner wrenches like that... I've made'em, but not like that. I like your idea better! So much better in fact... that I will NEVER make them my way again!

Thanks Doc!

Jack

Reply to
jalin

"Bobo" wrote

When I left work today....it was on my bench! Actually, I'm ready to buy one from Snappie or whichever tool place will have a reasonably priced one. I too tire of looking for the tool when it's needed.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks for all the help. I did get a tool for the job and it didn't budge. my elbow did when it slipped though. lol does anyone know when i am looking at the front of the truck does it turn clockwise or counterclockwise to losen it? Thanks again,

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

"~Perkins Racing~" wrote

If you are referring to the fan and clutch...counterclockwise.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thank You and everyoe else !!! In your addy you have modified in it. do you race mods? if so just curious as to where? I have a couple buddies that run Tri-City speedway in Granite city,Illinois and they run Godfrey.....

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

"~Perkins Racing~" wrote

No, that address is fake....and is simply the english way of saying shiden_kai.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

ok i was just curious, thanks BTW- that bolt that connects the clutch/fan and pully was interesting. i got a little ticked off at it yesterday and I believe i invented some new cuss words but anyway. I just took the water pump off with the fan and everything attached and took it to an O'Reily's auto parts store and they could not budge it either. so we took it to a freind of mines Conoco station and he said that is the 2nd time he has had one of them and it was off the same year,make, and model. they had to heat the bolt for about 2 minutes and the 2 guys broke it loose with a long wrench and an impact tool designed for it. It was rather intersting. Thanks again for all the help! Bob

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~