water leaking into passenger compartment

I have water leaking into my 97 Maxima GLE. The car is in good condition, no rust.

I originally discovered this problem when my car was parked and melting snow filled the driver's side (both front and back seat) with a couple litres of water.

Because the water enters when its raining I know it's not coming from beneath the car.

I have not been able to find the source of this leak. Any ideas?

Reply to
nicolendes

If you have sunroof - it's may be clogged or disconnected sunroof drain lines.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

I have the same problem in my 93 Maxima. Where are the sunroof drains located and how do you get access to them to clean them out?

Thanks in advance!

RJ

AS wrote in news:dW98h.1204$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Reply to
rj

Reply to
AJ Foyt

There are also drain tubes (at least in the 4th Gens) that run down the A-pillars...

Reply to
njmodi

Update on leakage situation ....... First of all thanks for the suggestions, I'm no mechanic or bodyshop person, so I took the car to my local Nissan dealership to have them unclog whatever was clogged.

They tell me that they don't see water leaking into the car (after soaking it with a hose for 20m). They can obviously see the soaked floor of the driver's side, both front and rear passenger. The service guys tells me that if they can't see the water coming into the vehicle, then they can't diagnose what's clogged and therefore they can't fix it.

He suggested the next time I have water in the car to stop by so that they can assess the situation. I don't see how that would be any better. You never see the water leaking into the car, you just see the accumulation.

There is water in the trunk so I guess the suggestion about the hoses that are there are probably correct. Thanks,again. At least now I have an idea of where to look for the solution.

Now I'm off to pick up my wet car. Let's see if they try to sell me a new vehicle instead of fixing the problem. I've got nearly 250,000km on it and it still drives like new (so as long as the floor doesn't rot out, I'll be driving it for a couple more years).

Reply to
Colee