A/C Expert help wanted!

I have a leak on an A/C system on a 94 S10 Pickup. They put a die bomb in it and the system leaked down again but I cannot seem to find any signs of the die. Any suggestion on where to look next. Right now I have the engine out of the truck so I have removed the entire A/C system and reassembled it on the floor to keep it dry. I am stumped though. An autoshop down the street said they could tank test the cores up to 140psi. Is that a good idea with A/C parts? The main thing I am trying to avoid is having to remove that evaporator core again after the engine is back in. I'm not sure it is possible with the engine in.

Tim

Reply to
t_puls

============== It is very unlikely the core, after re-assembly check it real close with a infrared light (to see the die).