A/C question

my 88 blazer has been changed to 134-a wrks ok on a cooler day but when its real hot high humidity it takes 4ever to get real cool inside. anything i can do to make it colder or do i just have to live with it? I've heard 134-a does not get as cold as r12.

Reply to
LARRY929

I do very little A/C work, but I do know that the recommendation used to be that you installed only 85% of the original amount of freon that was in the R12 system. Talking to our A/C guys in the shop, they say this is old school, and they now install as much

134a as the original system held. This might be why your A/C is not as cold as it could be. You could take it to a shop that does A/C work and ask them to recover what you have in the system, see how much was actually in there, and then recharge the system to the original capacity and see how it works.

Note: I've done very quick retrofits to a couple of the vehicles in our family, simply extracted the R12, vacuumed for an extended period, installed the proper amount of oil, and recharged with

134a. So far, they all work great. One system has been working fine for 3 years now. That original system was only filled to 85%, but I'm going to recharge it this year to 100% and see how it works.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Thank you!!