a/c recirc. seems always engaged

Born/raised in Mo. but now leave in Israel. Found a 95 GMC 3/4 ton,

4X4, 5.7liter truck to buy, formerly brought over by the UN. Had the a/c checked and cleaned, they replaced a sensor(?), because it was freezing up after 30min. That helped a great deal, but it still seems to freeze (though not as much as before) after 45min. : stops cooling as well, must turn the fan on high, or on the way back I left the temp. a little off the coolest setting and it did not freeze. I have read all of the posts regarding A/c problems and it seems to me mine is stuck in recirc. mode. There is no change in fan sound when switched between modes, the indicator lights seem to be on and off at the appropriate times, and the interior intake, behind the fan, is always ready to suck up a plactic bag in recirc. or not.

I read that another way the truck keeps it's a/c from freezing is by letting in outside air when needed, maybe mine trys but does not have that option for some reason?

appreciate any help

Jeff

Reply to
jeff