ABS Brakes

thought I would give some credit here. My ABS module started making a buzzing noise and continually ran even when the key was off. Pulled the fuse to save the pump and used this guy Check out

to save me about $1000. Just put it in andall the brake lights are back to normal and ABS appears to be working again thanks to this forum and gavin at circuit solutions

now I just need to figure how to get my windshield replaced cheaper - damn rocks !

Reply to
zz

"zz" wrote

What an excellent solution! It's unfortunate to see people have to replace these units because of one failed component inside the unit.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

That's for sure, I just sent them an email asking for details. I've got two trucks out there right now with the ABS fuse pulled. Both want it repaired but refuse to spend $700 just for the part. I kind of thought someone would find a way to repair them eventually. I took one apart myself with the thought of repairing it but changed my mind after having a look inside. Bob

Reply to
Bob
~

ABS Brakes Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sat, Oct 4, 2003, 3:56pm From: snipped-for-privacy@q.com (zz)

now I just need to figure how to get my windshield replaced cheaper - damn rocks ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZZ, move to Florida.......insurance companies have to pay for replacements here, no matter what caused the crack.

catch 22 you have to have "Full Coverage" insurance, or "Comprehensive" coverage.............. "liability insurance" won't cover it. scrib abell ~gets to think'n bout his high insurance rates.... grabs his hammer and heads out the door.~~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

LOL Scrib, your on a roll!!!

Reply to
Scott M

Find a construction site and drive by it. Claim it. :)

Reply to
KJ