American Cars SUCK!

Greetings,

I unfortunately own "America's First Biodegradeable Car" a 2001 Chevy Venture. At 19,000 miles, I had to replace the brakes and rotors. Now at 29,000, I noticed that coolant is leaking into the engine. F'in American garbage. My Toyota is at 36,000 and not a single problem. I will never buy another American car again. Neither will my kids, nor any family member I can pursuade. What you should do is get your mechanic to clean/patch the vehicle as much as possible. Then trade it in on a Toyota or any other foreign car. If your like me, the investment in American garbage will never end. You'll end up paying twice just to own it. My Dodge almost caught on fire when the fuel line leaked on the engine at 80,000 miles.Good luck and no sympathy for the death of GM, FORD or DODGE. They deserve every bit of it!!!!!

Fred

Reply to
garvin

You're a horse's ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

American Cars SUCK! Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Mar 25, 2007, 3:54pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@connecttime.net Greetings, I unfortunately own "America's First Biodegradeable Car" a 2001 Chevy Venture. At 19,000 miles, I had to replace the brakes and rotors. Now at

29,000, I noticed that coolant is leaking into the engine. F'in American garbage. My Toyota is at 36,000 and not a single problem. I will never buy another American car again. Neither will my kids, nor any family member I can pursuade. What you should do is get your mechanic to clean/patch the vehicle as much as possible. Then trade it in on a Toyota or any other foreign car. If your like me, the investment in American garbage will never end. You'll end up paying twice just to own it. My Dodge almost caught on fire when the fuel line leaked on the engine at 80,000 miles.Good luck and no sympathy for the death of GM, FORD or DODGE. They deserve every bit of it!!!!! Fred
Reply to
James Fedorawicz

Should I listen to you or should I just go with my own experience, several Ford Vans going past 250K on original engine/tranny, current S-10 at 175K on original engine/tranny and not leaking a drop or using a drop, 69 Pontiac that went over 125K with virtually no repairs and still running the ORIGNAL front disks that had never been turned. Every make has a lemon and so do the imports. I've seen plenty of them that racked up many thousands in repair bills in one year of time. The funny thing is, if an American brand needs a $200 repair morons like you bitch to high hell about it. But you same morons will gladly shit $2000 into the dealers hands for a repair on your precious imports and never bat an eye.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Snip Babble

----------

Cool... Thank you for stopping by... please drive through!

HDS

Reply to
HDS

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:06:55 -0500, a rock fell the sky, hitting GeekBoy on the head, and inspiring the following:

People still use AOL?

Wow.

Reply to
PerfectReign

I hate to tell ya but toyota's cost alot more to fix, and they will break down. I have had several older cheby's ( 20 yrs old or older ) and been happy as hell with them. I for one will not pay the inflated price that toyota wants for the trucks. glad u know how to use the internet now forget all you know, ( shouldnt be hard ) and take your butt back to the rock u came from. oh yeah forgot this KMA

Reply to
mudmonkey

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:44:37 -0700, a rock fell the sky, hitting mudmonkey on the head, and inspiring the following:

You WERE replying to the OP, right? :P

Reply to
PerfectReign

Ramos

quoted text -

yes, sorry for the confusion

Reply to
mudmonkey
60,000 miles on my Chevy S-10 pickup, and so far all it's needed has been one battery, and a brake switch (done under warranty). Everything else -- brakes, lights, tires -- are all original and in good shape.

Don't abuse your ride, and it'll last a while . . .

Reply to
Tockk

lets see, Toyata's flag ship camery V-6 and the sienna have problems for the last seven years with the oil passages plugging up wiping out the bearings, rings and damaging pistons. Owners holding a stack of reciepts showing every service done when it was supposed to be done and at the dealer no less, but toyota says the owners arent maintaining them properly. Toytoa recalled all the orginal toyota vans for fires. Toyota has had an on going problem with hub bearing failures across all models since back in the mid

90's. 2004-2006 Prius steering shaft failure as in breaks in two. wouldnt that be fun at 70 mph. 2005 Avalon, they forgot to weld the steering yoke to the steering shaft. Toyota truck issues,2001-2002 4 runner, 2001-2003 Tacoma, 2004-2007 Sequoia and 2004-2006 Tundras experiance premature front lower ball joint failures 89-95 4 runners, 93-98 T100 steering relay rod failures. And thats just a short list, how that jingle go, "Oh what a feeling, Toyota", must be fom the lack of vasaline when they stick it to you.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I am with you Tockk,

I think it all depends on the way you treat and take care of the car. It appears this guy (and I can't remember the numbers) had this car for I think 5 or so years and only had 19,000 miles on it (correct me if I am wrong) but isn't the average like 12,0000 a year. So the car is not driven a lot at all. Little old lady only took it out on Sundays to go to church!

"Tockk" wrote:

Reply to
Tooled

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sheesh! Whitelightning, you've got to stop confusing people by telling them the truth. I owned one jap car and 54,000 miles, 5 years, 3 sets of brakes , 2 exhaust systems, 1 alternator, 1 starter and numerous oil leaks, etc. I gave up on them. My replacement car (a Chevy) went

175,000 miles without near the amount of problems that the jap car had. And if some wack-o in a Honda hadn't totaled it, I'd probably still be driving it.

/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?@@@@@@@@@@?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/ You should never confuse the issue by injecting the truth. ~ unknown ~

Reply to
James Fedorawicz

This is bugging the heck out of me and I just can't sit on it anymore, I have taught autoshop now for 25 years. What I have seen between foreign and domestic auto and trucks is quite varied. In Sacramento a newspaper editor for the auto column was going to write a test on a Hummer,while he was driving it the front hub broke and the whole wheel departed the vehicle. Seems that wasn't a unique experience. An old student came by with his 04 "burb" with a wheel bearing noise, yes it was the right front wheel bearing and it was $575.00 for a wheel bearing and hub. My AWD Safari that I had years ago, put it on the lift at school and could move the wheels by hand, toe in and out 3/4 of an inch. The idler arms were loose as a goose at 30k miles. I learned that the GM style threaded idler arm joints are really loose and replaced them with Moog. Had to do the same with my 01 Sonoma. Lets see my Sonoma, it sits about 1 inch lower on the left than the right and has since I bought it. Every website that deals with S Trucks talks about "The Lean" yet not one GM service rep has ever heard of that problem. The fuel injection system on my truck "CSFI" is of a very poor design and prone to failure. So far I have had a fuel pump go out. The Sonoma's brakes are adequate for stopping the truck but put my 15 foot aluminum boat behind it and you must take care. My tailgate straps have broken but that will be covered under recall. At 1 year the battery Pos lug fell out of the battery and drained it's electrolyte out. I also believe I'm getting close to replacing my intake manifold gaskets as I notice a slight loss of coolant in the expansion tank every once in a while. After driving my 4x4 Toyota I wanted to buy american and chose the Sonoma. I firmly believe that GM is not the quality it used to be.

Reply to
Dan Calhoun

Re: American Cars SUCK! Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Tue, Mar 27, 2007, 10:09am (EDT-4) From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Dan=A0Calhoun)

I'm not sure I believe any of this. I've driven over 1 million miles (most of it in GM vehicles) and I've never run into these types of problems. I have an '02 Impala that, after 5 years and 57,000 miles, is still virtually trouble-free. I have a '90 Suburban that has

203,000+ miles on it and, despite spending 7 years and 87,000 miles as a surveyors' vehicle, is easy and cheap to maintain. I regularly take the Suburban on 1,000 mile trips without any prep and no breakdowns along the way. Neither the engine or the tranny in the Burb have ever been overhauled or replaced and they both work great.

/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?@@@@@@@@@@?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/ You should never confuse the issue by injecting the truth. ~ unknown ~

Reply to
James Fedorawicz

Roger that. I have a 94 Astro with over 200k on it. The ac doesn't work, but what the hell, it is a fishing car. My wife's 01 Imapala is at 125k and yes, I did have to replace the manifold gaskets to fix the coolant leak problem inherent in that 3.1 engine. And I have an 03 Silverado that just went over 100k and has never had anything done except oil and filter changes. I even got over 70k out of the original tires. Ok, I celebrated the 100k mark by changing the sparkplugs. Still need to change the Dexcool...it is original and still nice an bright orange. No leakage either.

I think I got three good ones. But my last one was a 92 S-10 that I put 200k on before I traded it. Take care of your ride and it will take care of you.

John

Reply to
John

Reply to
Steven Novark

The only GOOD American cars were the ones produced in the late '60's up until 1972.

Reply to
El Host

Much rather have a Honda than Toyota.

Reply to
El Host

Hey DickHead....I hear that there are Asian Countries looking for immigrants...See YA!!

Reply to
Mo