anyone know where I can mount a magnetic block heater on a 4.3 V6, "02-S10 4x4 ?

Automatic tranny. Would also like info/diagnose on my exhaust system. it's the same "02 S10, 4.3L, 4x4, w/ california-rated emission single pipe system. It sounds restricted if I give it more gas- or go to pass other cars. appreciate any help offerred!! any links/ etc. Thanx a bunch!! John - NW OHIO

Reply to
John f Kn.

No good place for a magnetic heater. I used a silicone based glue on on my 02, Then decided to just install a tank style heater in the heater return line. Worked MUCH better. I moved the silicone one to heat the battery. Also added a small maintainer for the battery. Went out last week when it was -12 and it fired up almost as fast as summer, plus it had HEAT!!!

Drop the cat back pipe and see if it improves OR pull the post cat O2 sensor and do a pressure test,should be NO pressure unless the muffler is plugged. If no pressure then do a test in front of the cat. Should be almost enough pressure to twitch the needle.

Reply to
Steve W.