Are the trolls happy??

Yes, this could be true...The individual who scoped out the IP's for me did mention that. That is one main reason why I am reluctant to post them. I do not want some poor grandma in Idaho getting her e-mail jacked with. The main reason I posted in the first place was to let unsuspecting folks know about the idiocy that could go on here. I am not that new to posting, but I am not an old timer at it either. I guess there is more to learn here than how to fix cars.

Reply to
Eightupman

If the machine is a ghost or a host for the hacker. Simply look at the loging files and see what has happend. Sometimes thier too anxious and excited they forget to erase thier tracks.

Reply to
Larry Durst

William.......Checkmate was without a doubt the largest waste of bandwidth this newsgroup, and possibly many others, has ever had to endure. His endless, mind-numbing spew served only to chase away some of the most helpful posters in this group. This can be a great place to come to seek information, but when the helpful people are attacked endlessly by nitwits with nothing better to do......especially clueless nitwits, God, I hope people never followed some of the advice Checkmate handed out...........Well, the helpful people will go away, and what you're left with is.....Checkmate. Pretty sorry trade-off if you ask me. I'd take Dean any day. Ed

Reply to
Ed White

"Ed White" wrote

I'd take Dean

Dean 'was' one of the clueless nitwits.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Dean was an asshole, I don't miss his mindless bullshit one bit. Checkmate was actually pretty funny at times. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Hi!

I agree with you 100% on that much. He was a waste of bandwidth and poured so much crap into this newsgroup that it wasn't even funny.

What was intriguing however, was his continual drive to troll. He didn't quit, and troll or not, that has to be...at least considered. Do I respect it? No. Do I find it very interesting? Yes.

And I suppose that beneath all the crap he spewed, there did lie a pretty competent guy...both on the trucks and the computers. Too bad he'd just sit there and mess around.

It only poured into the trickle of that activity, which seems...prevalent....around here!

Amen to that.

Indeed.

So would I...in fact, I'd welcome him back to this group. AFAIK Dean gave some pretty solid advice---or at least had a damn convincing way of putting it out!

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

"William R. Walsh" wrote

I'd welcome him back too. It was always amusing to read his blustering, blowhard technical bullshit. The fact that some people think he was 'damn' convincing only tells me how little those people actually know about cars and repairing cars in general. I guess if you just throw out info with enough "attitude" some suckers will believe it. Plus, nobody can ever resist a 'good ol boy'!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Are the trolls happy?? Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Thu, Sep 25, 2003, 2:53am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@newemail.com (eightupman)

Hello, all . (hello back at yuh..)

I have reason to believe that when you (anyone) decides to piss off some trolls, they TRY to attack your computer. . (why do you piss them off?)

Coincidently, to beating a troll at thier own game...my old e-mail account had to be closed due to someone spamming me continuously with viruses. . (dats gotta suck.......for you.)

I am not sure, but the term "killfile" comes to mind. (a random thought?....you got ADHD? )

Luckily new e-mail addys are easy to get. . (you got dat rite bo )

I had a computer geek buddy of mine trace the viruses back through to two IP's.....funny thing...they match IP's from posts on these message boards. . (in later posts in this thread......you hinted at being very proficient with puters.....then in anudder one, you stated you'de check into how to report spam.......which kinda hints dat you might-uh lied about being proficient..... and all of em combined, kinda makes uh dude wonder why in Sams name did yuh even waste yur geek buddies time trace'n duh freek'n thing..................are you a Troll???)

I shake my head in disgust to people who can't take what they dish out. . (me toooo.....brudder )

This will not stop me from posting, . ( damn it all tuh hell )

but posters beware. . ( be advised...........................................) ( WE ARE AWARE......VERY AWARE )

random answers, to random thoughts provided by.......

Scribs Abell

Reply to
Scribb Abell

I just did a google search on tardwin and he's still posting to other groups. I guess maybe he feels to foolish to show up here after his statements about google buying the internet. I do kind of miss the stories about hydrolocked engines blowing valves through the valve covers...... or was it through the hood? It was good for a laugh even though we knew it was pure bullshit. Bob

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote

Hey, I just did a little search too. You are right, he's alive and well spouting forth on everything from well water to home theatres. And as usual, he's being labeled a troll rather quickly. Hee hee....

Quote:

environmentalists",

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yup.... That sounds like Dean all right! Bob

Reply to
Bob

Maybe someone needs to teach "eightupman" the facts of life and how similiar it is to impregnating one's personal computer with viruses.

Reply to
39 Ply Coupe

Ply...is that for plywood Ken??

IP's.....funny

Reply to
Eightupman

my guess would be Ply= Plymouth

Reply to
Bret Chase

Do you understand sarcasm?

Reply to
Eightupman

Hi!

Buying the Internet?

*ahem* ...and I quote...

William The Facts-Checker (who has far too much time on his hands!)

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Ya caught me. (Like anyone didn't know already...) I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I keep learning more when they break and I try to and eventually do repair them myself. I know the basics pretty well, and someday I plan to rebuild an old truck and watch someone rebuild various powertrain components.

I don't know...Dean's postings always sounded good for someone like me who is rather ignorant of the things deep inside an engine or transmission.

Yep, that sure is true. I do computer work and have cleaned up more than a few messes caused by people who believed what someone was telling them because it seemed so convincing.

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Bret you are correct. I happen to own one.

snip

Reply to
39 Ply Coupe

Sorry about the confusion, I think I have it right now.... Gore invented the internet but Google only bought Usenet. Sound about right? Bob

Reply to
Bob

Hi!

He He He He....sounds good to me!