When are you too old to drive?

Mouse

Age sometimes has an effect.

Other people, makes no difference.

I know of at least two pensioners who have more driving talent individually than everyone in here put together. Don't care how good you are, these guys are better.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I remember being passed on the outside of a LH bend on the A2 between Portrush and Portstewart by a pensioner. It's a 50 limit, part of the NW200 race curcuit and I was doing 70+.

Said granny was driving an Alfa 75.

David

Reply to
David Lane

You only have to look at Erik "I drive better than I can walk these days" Carlsson. Still test driving for Saab. And that loverly white haired old gentleman who teaches protection driving to secret service and body guard agents.

Reply to
Elder

my grandad was still driving at 99 but it was, frankly, scary.....

Reply to
john

Must be great to make a sweeping statement with absolutely no way of backing it up.

Reply to
ThePunisher

SteveH on a sunday drive?

Reply to
Vamp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

Mercedes used to have a seriously psychopathic old dude as a test driver. Guido Moch, I was once passed by him on a pretty twisty A road (well, Kraut A road) near the MB factory and he was most definately still *very* quick indeed.

That's the reason I want a W124 500E, the sound from the thing was epic.

Reply to
Pete M

Nope.

She was old, grey haired with glasses.

Than again, maybe it was SteveH. ;-)

Reply to
David Lane

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, David Lane wittered on forthwith;

Did she stop in a pub car park for a very important business meeting?

Reply to
Pete M

I've met who he's talking about and I'll back him up.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I take it he's talking about Baldy and Jock.

Reply to
Steve Firth

But I haven't so I can't, also, what does driving talent really mean? great parking? quicker reactions? better road sense?

Reply to
ThePunisher

It could mean all of these things. Or none of them.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Exactly, how does someone have more 'driving talent' than someone else again?

Reply to
ThePunisher

They're better at it than someone else. In the same way Ronnie O'Sullivan has more snooker talent than me.

Reply to
Iridium

Yes, but did you know that, I know of at least two pensioners who have more snooker talent individually than everyone in here put together. Don't care how good you are, these guys are better.

Reply to
ThePunisher

I know them, you're right.

Reply to
Iridium

You're right, it's pretty intangible, but get driven along a twisty road (track in my case) by someone who thinks they can drive, then straight after get driven up the same track by someone who has driving talent and you'll know what I mean.

The person who thinks they can drive will be concentrating very hard and will throw you aboout the inside of the car. The person who can drive will be moaning in an offhand manner about the price of red diesel these days and will just get you to the top much faster.

Reply to
Douglas Payne