Armor All on guage plastic

The dealer or someone put armor all on the dash and got some on the plastic that covers the guages. There are little spray spots that are fairly bad on the left side. Any way to remove these spots.

Just cleaning w/ glass cleaner or soap and water does not work.

Reply to
Tony Thomas

Armor All -- and it really does get all over everything. I hate that silicone shit! After your interior gets greased up with that crap, the stuff vaporizes and coats everything inside, including your windows and lungs.

Anyway, back to your problem with the spots on your plastic gauge covers. These are more likely not spots which can be wiped off, but rather, they are damage which was caused by some chemical that has etched itself into the gauge cover. If this is the case, these spots can probably be rubbed out with clear coat polish -- not to be confused with rubbing compound.

In the meantime, here is some more information on Armor All:

Pros: Cheap, but you'll have to use it more and more, until the chemicals kill you.

Cons: Full of dimethyl_silicone_oils and petroleum_distillates, to produce a greasy_shine that damages more than it protects!

The Bottom Line I would avoid it and get something that may cost more first, but safe you money in the future.

Full Review As a car enthusiast, and detailer of my own vehicles, I know which products are good or not. And trust me, Armor-All is something you should avoid.

First of all, it contains harmful dimethyl silicone oils and petroleum distillates. In other words, rather than restoring materials back to original condition, the "cleaners" (petroleum distillates) will remove the protective coating, and let the "protectant" (harmful dimenthyl silicone oils) add greasy residue.

Second, it is not worth the money. True, it is probably the lowest costing "protectant" you'll find, but do you understand how much harm it can create? According to my calculations, in ten years you will spend $240 on product since the condition gets worse and worse, and you use more and more, and $630 on damaged parts from Armor-All. It does not include your priceless life that may be limited.

In conclusion, I find it useless. It first damages the material, then replaces with an oil! If you want to spend little money and go to a cheap car parts store such as Pep Boy's, get Vinylex instead.

If you want something of higher quality, get 303 Aerospace Protectant or Zaino-Z-16. You can get the 303 at a boating store,
or
You can get the Zaino Z-16 at
or
.

Recommended No

Ease of Application: Average; takes some care to apply and shine well

One-Shot Scot

Thanks.

How do you feel about the Mequiar's products?

Reply to
scrape

I like all of the many Meguiars products I've used. Their quickwax is great. Their clear coat liquid wax is great. Their leather cleaner/conditioner (2-in-1 bottle) is great, etc. I love 'em all.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset