cleaning the black plastic

The various black plastic parts (and some parts that are painted black like windshield wipers, door handles, grillwork, etc.) on cars today can be a real challenge to keep looking good. Most folks in the know have given up on Armor All as it has been shown to hasten the hardening and cracking of vinyl products. I have been using Mother's "Back to Black" and that is OK, but it it not an agressive cleaner and doesn't get all the dirt out like hard water staining and over-waxing. I tried something today that works great.

Start by using Meguiar?s #17 Plastic Cleaner. I have used this stuff for years for the plastic windshield on the motorcycle, but it works equally well on black trim. It worked wonders on the black bumper covers. After that, follow with either the "Back to Black" or Meguiar?s #10 Plastic Polish which is very similar to the Mother's product.

These two products are intended for use on clear plastic, but by natures are gentle and non-scratching and leave a clean, protected surface.

Look for more inforamtion here:

have no affiliation to either link) __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.